Keto diet is regarded as one of the most popular satiating diets. Keto dieters eat lesser calories and lesser meals all through the day because keto foods are generally very filling, thus enabling them to lose weight sustainably.
It is worthy to note that you are not hunger resistant or immune to afternoon energy crashes because you are on the keto diet. Therefore, it will be challenging to achieve your health goals if you are unprepared, or if snacks are beckoning you. So, keto snacks are the answer to those hunger pangs while on the keto diet.
What is a good keto snack?
For keto snacks to be tasty, it has to play a significant role in achieving ketosis. Once the body starts burning fat, then the body is on the process of ketosis. Good keto snacks must have all the macronutrients in the right quantity (snacks rich in protein and fat but with very low carbohydrate content). Therefore, any keto snacks recipe that has rightly combined these food sources can be undoubtedly termed good keto snacks.
Keto snacks recipes
1. Keto Fat Bombs
These are tasty, nutritious snacks with healthy high-fat content and very low carb. It increases metabolism, ketosis, and makes you full for a longer period.
- 8 oz. cream cheese (that is softened at room temperature)
- ¼ c. plus 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ c. peanut butter (keto friendly)
- ½ c. Dark chocolate chips (keto friendly)
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- In a parchment paper, line a small baking sheet. In a medium bowl, pour cream cheese, ¼ c. coconut oil, peanut butter, and salt. Beat the mixture with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes until thoroughly combined. Keep the bowl in a freezer for up to 10 to 15 minutes to enable it slightly firm up.
- When the mixture (peanut butter) has hardened, use a spoon or a cookie scoop to make tablespoon-sized balls. Put in a refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden.
- Make a chocolate drizzle by combining the remaining coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave bowl and place it in the microwave at the intervals of 30 sec until it is melted fully. Drizzle over the peanut butter balls and put back in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden. You can cover and place it in the fridge to store.
2. Keto Cereal
This is a healthy keto-friendly and very amazing cereal when sprinkled on a keto ice cream.
- Cooking spray
- 1 c. Chopped walnuts
- ¼ c. sesame seeds
- 1 c. Coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1 c. Almonds, chopped.
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extracts.
- 11/2 tsp. cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 tsp ground clove1 large egg white
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. coconut oil (melted)
- Using a cooking spray, grease the baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350o F. In a large bowl, combine almonds, coconut flakes, walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, and sesame seeds. Mix in cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, and salt.
- Beaten egg white should be mixed into granola. Then you should add coconut oil and stir thoroughly until the ingredients are well coated. Then pour unto the already prepared baking meet and spread evenly. Place in an oven and bake until golden or for about 20 to 25 minutes, gently turning halfway through. Allow it to cool completely.
3. Keto Smoothies
Strawberries, Blackberries, and Raspberries have a lower carb content than the other known smoothie fruits like mangoes, pineapples, and bananas.
- 1 ½ c. strawberries (frozen)
- 1 c. blackberries (frozen)
- 1 ½ c. raspberries (frozen) with addition for garnishing (optional)
- 1 c. baby spinach
- 2 c. coconut milk
- Optional shaved coconut (unsweetened) for garnish.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (excluding the coconut) and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blended ingredients in cup and top with coconut and raspberries if using.
4. Bacon Guac Bombs
For easy snacking, cover these friendly ketogenic snacks and store them in the refrigerator.
- cooked and crumbled 12 slices of bacon.
- 6 oz. cream cheese, Juice of 1 lime (softened)
- Two avocados (pitted, peeled and mashed)
- One garlic clove (minced)
- One small jalapeno (if you prefer less heat, it should be seeded), chopped.
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. cilantro (freshly chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- kosher salt
- Mix all the guacamole ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until almost smooth and season with pepper and salt. Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up slightly.
- On a large plate, place the crumbled bacon. Scoop the mixture (guacamole) and put in the bacon using the cookie scoop. Roll to coat in bacon. Do this repeatedly until all bacon and guacamole are used. Cover and store in a refrigerator
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What snacks can I have on the keto diet?
The following are ideal keto snacks that keep away the hunger when it comes to knocking.
- Pork Rinds
- Raw Coconut Butter
- Nut Butter And High Fat Nuts
- Dark Chocolate
- Cacao Nibs
- Pepperoni Slices
- MCT Oil Supplement
- Peanut Butter
Can you eat popcorn on the keto diet?
Popcorn, a yummy whole-grain snack, may not be the best choice for keto-friendly snacks. Still, when compared to most snacks, its filling contains low calorie, free of artificial flavor, and trans fat (when gotten from a reliable source that doesn’t make use of any questionable ingredients). For you to enjoy popcorn while on a ketogenic diet, your daily intake of net carb should be limited, your portions controlled, and the progress you have made towards achieving your goals should be measurable.
Popcorn is sugar and gluten-free and can help balance your ketogenic lifestyle. For a savory, high-fat snack, it can be covered with parmesan or cheddar cheese, sea salt, and grass-fed butter.
Are pickles keto?
Some keto-ers strongly believe that pickles have hidden sugar and pectin that can probably drag you out of ketosis. At the same time, some commend pickles for their essential minerals and vitamin content.
Although both views are correct, you must make your own or select pickles that have low carb content and are also ketogenic friendly.
Can you eat peanut butter on keto?
Peanut butter is seen as one of the best keto snacks. Though it can be incorporated into your diet, it shouldn’t be overeaten. Peanut butter high in fat, relatively low in carbohydrates, and moderate in protein. So the recommended serving is two tablespoons.
What sweets can I eat on keto?
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Birthday cake shake
- Chocolate pancakes
- Lemon Curd
- Chocolate gelato
What chips can I eat on keto?
- Vinegar and salt Zucchini Chips: The chips are grain-free, gluten-free, and has a low carb. It contains forty calories per serving.
- Eggplant Parmesan Chips: The chips are low carb, tasty, and flavorful. It is an excellent alternative to traditional chips.
- Baked Parmesan Kale Chips: They are the perfect healthy but salty snacks that help in curbing craving.
- Sour Onion and Cream Cucumber: The chips are light, crispy, low calorie, low carb, and amazingly tasty.
What is the dirty keto diet?
This style of a keto diet permits you to eat any food source, but carbohydrate consumption must be below 50g a day. So it is a lazy man’s way of sticking to a high fat, low carb lifestyle.
In dirty keto dirty, you aim at consuming 20 to 35% of protein, below 5% in carb and 65 to 75% of overall calories in fat. As long as you remain within the ratio(macronutrient), you are free to receive your macronutrient from the food source you want.
Losing weight can also be achieved through dirty keto, but you get bloating, inflammation, cravings, and you gain more weight when you stop the keto diet.
These snacks have low carb content but don’t mean you end up overeating. Regardless of the protein, carbs, and fat, it doesn’t prevent us from gaining fat when overeaten.
Keto snacks are highly preferred than highly processed, hyper-palatable snacks food. Bear in mind that there is a possibility of gaining weight while on keto-friendly snacks because there is a tendency of overeating low carbs food without even noticing it.