After many years of being rejected by health experts, fats are now considered as part of a diet plan. It is no longer banned and has made a big entrance courtesy of the popular ketogenic diet. Yesterday, nobody would think that whole eggs, full dairy, and fatty meats can promote weight loss. But in a ketogenic diet, it is possible. If you don’t have any idea on how to make a meal out of these ingredients, we have the perfect solution. We have compiled some of the easiest to prepare keto dinner recipes to guide your keto journey into the right path.
What is a Good Keto Recipe?
A ketogenic diet, in general, should have very low carb content, high in fat, and with moderate protein. Carbs should be reduced to less than 50 grams a day, and fats should replace these carbs to deliver about 75% of the total calorie requirement. The proteins should account for 20% of the energy needs, and carbs should comprise only 5%.
With carb reduction, our body is forced to rely on fats as an alternative source of energy instead of glucose. This process is known as ketosis, and the body uses ketones produced in the liver from fats. Although fats are avoided in a high-calorie diet, their research shows ketogenic diet as more effective than the low-fat versions.
Keto Dinner Recipes in 30 Minutes
Keto Butter Chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 oz plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14.5 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt, to taste
- Cauliflower Rice
- Cut the chicken in serving pieces and put in a large bowl with two tablespoons of garam masala, t teaspoon minced garlic, and one teaspoon of fresh ginger. Add the yogurt, stir, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- For the sauce, blend the ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- in a large skillet, heat oil and place the chicken with the marinade. Brown each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Once browned, pour in the sauce and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more.
- stir in the ghee and heavy cream and cook for more minutes. Add salt to taste. Pour over cauliflower rice and top with cilantro.
Beef and Broccoli Bowls with Sunshine Sauce
For the Beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut amino’s
For the Broccoli
- 4 broccoli crowns cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
For the Sunshine Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- ¼ cup bone broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ of fine salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut amino’s
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 green onion minced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a sheet pan, toss the broccoli with fat and salt and spread them out, so they are not crowded. Put the sheet pan into the oven while preheating and set time for 20 minutes.
- Add the fat in a large skillet over medium fire. Crumble the ground beef and add salt and garlic. Stir until it is browned and add in the coconut aminos. Continue cooking.
- Cook the sauce by melting the fat in a small pan over medium heat. Add in the sunflower seed butter, bone broth, salt, amino, and the ground ginger. Stir constantly until it reaches a dark tan color.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon until smooth. Mix in the green onion.
- Assemble the food in a bed of spinach.
Keto Fried Rice with Pork
- ½ head of medium cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 100 grams of pork belly
- 2 mini green capsicums
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp pickled ginger
Preparing the Cauli-Rice
- Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Place them in a food processor and pulse until they become rice-sized granules.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the cauliflower. Saute until they are cooked. Set aside.
Prepare the Fried Rice
- Prepare the omelet the usual way. Slice into cubes and set aside.
- Stir the garlic in a frying pan until fragrant, add the pork belly until cooked.
- Once cooked, add the capsicum and spring onion and cook for another minute.
- Mix in the cauliflower and egg into the pan. Add soy sauce to taste.
- Cook in high heat until well combined.
- Remove from pan and garnish with spring onion.
Ground Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 9 once bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Black sesame seeds
- Combine the soy sauce and sriracha in a small mixing bowl until smooth.
- In a pan, add canola and tilt the pan to spread the oil. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add coleslaw into the mix and stir with the beef. Cook until the cabbage is wilted and tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour the sauce over the pan and add ginger. Stir everything until well mixed and add salt to taste.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in sliced scallions and sesame seeds as garnish.
Super Simple Tuna Salad
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 10 large kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 can chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- ¾ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Grill the zucchini slices on both sides in a hot grill. Remove from the grill and let it cool for a few minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended.
- Serve immediately.
Q: What can I have for dinner with no carbs?
A: There are plenty of easy to prepare dinners online that are low to no carbs. It includes poultry, beef and pork, seafood, and meatless options like roasted cabbage steaks with basil pesto and feta. You can also have low-carb cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
Q: What Indian dishes are keto?
A: Some ketogenic recipes cater to Indian palate and needs. All the spices, including the legumes and paneer, are all keto-friendly. Aside from the Keto Butter Chicken above, you can also prepare Balgan Kabharta, Paneer bhurji, Sarso Ka Saag, Avial, and Palak Paneer.
Q: What can I eat at night on keto?
A: The keto diet may be strict on carbs, but it is generous on flavors. You can even eat burgers without the buns in 6 different ways. The hamburgers, like other keto dinner recipes, are packed with juicy meats, gooey cheese, crispy vegetables, and tasty fats.
Q: How can I reduce my belly fat?
A: The objective of the keto diet is a reduction in visceral fat loss. When people cut on carbs, they will eat fewer calories. Low carb can also help the body get rid of excess water, lowers insulin, and shows a rapid fat loss in the abdominal cavity.
Q: Are bananas keto?
A: The energy in bananas comes primarily from carbohydrates, which are mostly sugar. It has an average of 16.4 grams of carbs in a small fruit and about 30.72 for larger bananas. As you can see, bananas are rich in carbs and are not keto-friendly.
Q: Is peanut butter OK on Keto?
A: A serving of peanut butter, which is about two tablespoons, has about 188 calories. These macronutrients include 16 grams of fat, six grams of carbs, two grams of fiber, and eight grams of protein. With only four grams of fat, it is safe to say that peanut butter is a tasty keto snack.
Q: What can you not eat on keto?
A: Here is the list of foods that you cannot eat when you are on the Keto diet: grains, baked goods, even gluten-free baked goods, chips and crackers, honey, syrup, or any sugar, juices, sweetened yogurt, and starchy vegetables and high sugar fruits.
A healthy ketogenic diet should have the right combination of food following this rule: 75% fat, 20% of protein, and 5% of carbs daily. By focusing on high-fat and low-carb foods like meats, eggs, dairy, and low-carb vegetables. You can also drink sugar-free beverages but limit the food choices from unhealthy fats and highly processed items. Because of its popularity, you can find many easy to make keto dinner recipes online.