Staying on a proper keto diet offers lots of benefits for people. Apart from going on homemade keto diets, there are good keto supplements that beginners can use. However, cooking a good keto breakfast meal can be so easy. We present four simple keto breakfast meals you will love. You won’t have to sacrifice good tasting food for a healthier lifestyle with these recipes.
What is a good keto diet breakfast?
It is generally accepted that a good keto diet breakfast meal must help achieve ketosis. Ketosis can only be achieved with meals that are very low in carbohydrates but rich in fats and proteins. As such, any breakfast recipe made from these food sources qualifies to be termed “good keto diet breakfast.”
Cheese, butter, eggs, meat, nuts, and most vegetables are good ingredients for a good keto breakfast diet. Combine them in as many innovative yet delicious ways as you can to create your keto-friendly breakfast.
Keto breakfast recipes
Here are some keto-friendly meals you can prepare for breakfast.
1. Fried eggs and vegetables
Of course, this is undoubtedly a low-carb diet and very easy to cook. You can still make fried eggs and vegetables, even if you are in a rush.
The time required: 15 mins
- 3-4 eggs
- fresh or frozen vegetable mix (green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots)
- Coconut oil
- spinach (optional)
- Break the eggs, whisk them in a bowl and set the bowl aside.
- Heat moderate amount of coconut oil in your frying pan.
- Put your vegetables in the hot oil. Allow vegetables to cook in the heat for three minutes, in case you used frozen vegetables.
- Pour the whisked eggs.
- Add your desired spices.
- Add spinach if you wish.
- Allow the food to stir-fry for a few minutes.
2. Keto Cereal
If you can prepare a big batch of this cereal, it can last one full week of keto breakfast diet.
Yield: 3 cups
The time required: 40 mins
- cooking spray
- One large egg white
- Two tablespoons of flax seeds
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: 1 cop
- Melted coconut oil: ¼ cup
- Pure vanilla extract: 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- half tablespoon of ground clove
- 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350o. Apply cooking spray generously on a baking sheet. Get a big bowl and mix coconut flakes, almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, and sesame seeds. Add vanilla, cloves, cinnamon, and salt to taste.
- Beat the egg white until it turns foamy and then add it to the mixture.
- Add coconut oil and stir until you get an even mixture.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly on the already prepared baking sheet. Allow it to bake in the oven until it turns golden brown. This should take between 20 – 25 mins.
- Be sure to stir the food gently when it is half cooked, before the final 10 minutes in the oven.
- Serve when cool.
3. Bunless Cheeseburgers
You get a bunless burger using two different cheese. Use your choice of vegetables as fillings. It is quick and easy.
The time required: 20 mins
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Hamburger patties
- Put some butter in a frying pan and heat.
- Add the hamburger patties and spices.
- Flip the patties until they are almost done.
- To the top, add a few slices of both cheddar and cream cheese.
- Lower the heat, then cover the pan with its lid and let the cheese melt.
- Add raw spinach after serving. You may allow some of the fats to drop on your veggies.
- Add some salsa to improve the taste.
4. Keto Hot Chocolate
Use a heavy cream rather than milk to make a keto breakfast drink. Ensure you also use a keto-friendly sweetener to give an excellent hot taste.
Yield: 1 CUP
The time required: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- Whipped cream for serving
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- Two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, add extra for garnish
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of keto-friendly sweeteners, such as Swerve
- 1/4 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- On low/moderate heat, place a small saucepan and whisk cocoa powder, sweetener, and two tablespoons of water together until you get an even paste. Increase the heat a bit and add cream and the remaining water in parts until the mixture is hot.
- Add the vanilla and stir.
- Pour into a mug and serve with a dusting of cocoa powder and whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
1. What can I eat for breakfast on keto besides?
There are a lot of vegetables, seeds, and protein-rich foods that keto enthusiasts can combine to make a variety of meals for breakfast. All the four keto breakfast recipes give in this post can make a good breakfast on keto. More keto-friendly breakfast recipes can be found online.
2. Is oatmeal alright on a keto diet?
Oatmeal is not usually considered as ketogenic food. It is high in carb and fiber content. Taking oatmeal can make you exceed your daily carb requirements. A very little amount of oatmeal, such as 3/4 cups of cooked oats, contains about 21g carbs. You may do with half a cup. Taking higher quantities to increase your chances of surpassing your carb daily requirement.
3. What cereal can you eat on keto?
There are many kinds of cereal you can eat on a keto diet, although they are quite different from the cereals we were used to. Coconut and cinnamon granolas give an excellent cereal diet to keto enthusiasts. There are also various nuts such as hazelnut, which are used with fruits to make excellent breakfast keto cereals.
4. Can I eat eggs every day on keto?
Eggs are one of the best nutrient-rich food sources that we need. They are low in carb but high in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Also, they do not cause increased cholesterol levels in people who are on a keto diet. Hence, you can eat eggs daily on a keto diet without any guilt.
5. How many eggs can I eat for breakfast on keto?
Since an average egg is verified to contain about 1g of carbohydrate, people on the keto diet can take as much as 6-10 eggs daily. However, for beginners who are still skeptical about the potentials of a keto diet, a maximum of 3 eggs per day is better. They can increase daily egg consumption later.
Making a very delicious keto breakfast meal is very easy once we can find fast cooking vegetables, meat, and seed recipes. Apart from the four keto breakfast meals outlined above, you can also try many new recipes using keto-friendly ingredients.
Since you will need to dump most of your baked junks, eating a homemade keto diet can also help you eat more healthy without spending much from your purse. Check supermarkets around you for instant keto cereals that you can also take when you are away from home.